Monday, January 3, 2011

Sandwich 1: The review

So, I had the sandwich for lunch today. I was really pleased with how well it kept overnight... I wasn't sure about how the avocado was going to perform. Review: less than stellar. The onion really threw me off and was too strong to enjoy. This could be for a few reasons:
  • Too much onion (the recipe called for 1 tbsp... I guestimated)
  • Onion wasn't fresh - I cut one up last week(ish?) for something else that I have now forgotten... do onions get more pungent as they age?
  • I'm not really a red onion fan since I grew up on Sweet Vidalias.
That said, I really liked the crispness of everything in the sandwich - the snow peas and the radishes were nice. The goat cheese definitely gave it a distinct flavor. Tomorrow I'm going to trade out the onions and add the sprouts I mentioned. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment